Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ms. Bang, the Missionary



 
photo credit:  Ibtauris
Ms. Bang had called us from a small town named Mae Hong Son located in Thailand, “Pardon, are you Pastor Yong Doo Kim from the Lord’s Church? I am from Mae Hong Son, the region that is located in the outermost part of Northern Thailand. My name is Bang. I am a missionary and I’ve been operating as a missionary for almost 20 years. Pastor Kim, I’ve been spiritually very thirsty. After I had read your first book, “Baptize by Blazing Fire,” I was very shocked. I am so shocked that I am not able to sleep. I love to invite you here and hold a spiritual conference in Mae Hong Son. This conference will be the first spiritual conference here for this region. We’ve been thirsty for a long time. Please I beg you!”

With many different excuses, I politely rejected her invitation. Missionary Bang’s name sounded like a man’s name. But I later realized that it was a woman’s name. In the midst of great persecution and tribulation she had established about one hundred thirty churches within twenty years. The number of congregational members is between twenty five thousand to thirty thousand. She was leading an amazing ministry. Even a male missionary will experience difficulty leading a ministry in such a location. But she was manifesting the great glory of God in such a location.

Missionary Bang had built many churches and a large seminary school. Now she is doing an amazing task of God. She is training and raising the natives to produce the servants of the Lord. Almost everyone in Mae Hong Son knows about this missionary. She is a legendary missionary. She did not even get married so she could concentrate and devote her work of God. It appeared she even had acquaintances with renown pastors of churches in South Korea. I had never dreamed of working as a missionary abroad. I highly respect those I witness as missionaries who love and devote themselves to preach the gospel to the unreached people. I am only an unknown pastor who has a small established church. But contrary to myself, this missionary had a great vision and passion of missionary work. She had bore abundant fruit. Personally, I felt that she possessed a great personality.

THERE WAS A GOOD REASON WHY I CONTINUOUSLY REJECTED THE CONFERENCE REQUESTS. IF ANYONE REQUESTS A HOLY FIRE CONFERENCE WITHOUT READING THE ‘BAPTIZE BY BLAZING FIRE’, WE CANNOT POSSIBLY GO AND HOLD A CONFERENCE. IT IS NOT BECAUSE I AM HIGHLY ESTEEMED OR SMARTER THAN ANYBODY. IT IS BECAUSE OUR MINISTRY IS THE MINISTRY THAT BATTLES AGAINST THE FORCES OF THE DEVIL AND IT’S REALITY. SO IN ORDER TO FIGHT AGAINST THE FORCES OF THE DEVIL, WE NEED TO EXECUTE POWERFUL PRAYER. ALONG WITH THE POWERFUL PRAYER, THIS IS THE HOLY FIRE MINISTRY THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT PRECISELY WORKS AND MANIFESTS.

So whoever holds a conference with us will face many tests. Even if one calls him/herself a servant and possesses a strong faith, he/she will have a difficult time bearing great tests. This ministry is definitely not easier than one thinks. One important fact, whenever we (the Lord’s church) make a move against the forces of the devil, they will mercilessly attack that particular region in which we plan to hold the holy fire conference. The forces of the devil employee countless and various types of tests. Therefore, too often the churches fail to hold the conferences that are planned because the attacks and tests of enemy have stumbled them during the process of preparation and pre planning. These churches encounter a real fight against the forces of the enemy and because they could not overcome, they had grown weary. They eventually became discouraged. For this reason, I have rejected her countless request of holding a holy fire conference. I had explained to missionary Bang why it will be difficult for me to hold a holy fire conference. But she pleaded with me and asked me to help her.

Pastor Kim. Please do not worry. I have confidence that I will be able to bear the tests and attacks. Please, I beg you. The region where I am located has invited many renown Korean pastors to hold conferences. Therefore, this region is firmly built with a good foundation. Please do not worry. And one more thing, our souls are very thirsty for God. Theologically, we know the word, the work and the manifestation of the Holy Spirit which comes upon us and presence Himself. But we do not know HIM realistically to experience. We have never had spiritual experiences. Please help!”

Since you only had read the first book in the series of Baptize by Blazing Fire, I will send you books number two to five. When you receive the books, please pray more on inviting me. If you are fully determined to engage into the spiritual warfare, let me know. Let us pray together on this matter.”

After I answered missionary Bang in such a way, I ended the conversation. In reality, the mission field is the place where spiritual warfare occur. Many people do not catch this reality. People in the mission field must be filled even more with the power of the Holy Spirit. It is necessary for them to be equipped with powerful prayer, gifts, power and authority. I’m not saying this is always the case. My point is that too many missionaries are only bonded to the material things. I frequently have witnessed it.

After a few days had passed from sending the Baptize by Blazing Fire books, missionary Bang had contacted me again. She told me about her thoughts on the books. After she had read book one and two, she became very frightened that she did not know what to do. She was troubled for many days. But when she began to read book three, God’s great grace was present. And when she had read book four, she was determined to hold a conference. After she had finished reading book five which describes the answers of prayers and manifestation of fruit, she was blessed and a great assurance had come to her heart to hold a conference. I said, I needed to pray one more time to the Lord on this matter and hung up the phone. I prayed to the Lord as I thought about the various variables. After long period of time, the Lord firmly spoke to me.

Accompanied with persecution for My sake, a stronger manifestation and work of the holy fire and other various power will occur on you and your ministry. Therefore, firmly prepare and be ready. From now on and in the future, many of the so called servants of God will intensely attack you Pastor Kim. Many organizations will persecute you. You must pray a lot. You must completely entrust all things to Me on your knees. Then, I will vindicate and pay it back for you.”

After the comments of the Lord and a few days passing, missionary Bang contacted me. I have finalized to hold a conference. I had advised and encouraged her by saying that many large and small tests will come. Therefore she must pray a lot. No matter what happens, she must endure and fight to the end to have victory. Special and urgent prayer request were proclaimed in our church to intercede for the conference to be held in Mae Hong Son.

In our church, whenever we decide to hold a conference whether on a national scale, an individual church, or some type of organization, we would intensively accumulate prayers between one to six months until the day of conference. We proclaim the war as we pray for the region, city, or a country for that particular church or organization. We had begun to pray offensively. The whole church would be on their knees so that the kingdom of God’s powerful healing and the power of the Holy Spirit would manifest. We pray ahead of time so that the stronghold of the forces of darkness would crumble with the manifestation of the presence of the Lord.

When we prepare and accumulate prayer for the conference, the Lord shows us the identity and precise areas of the evil spirit. He would lead in all things so that we would obtain victory in our spiritual warfare. If we obey according to the will of God, then ultimately, He will grant us victory. This way, we give great glory to God.

Testimony of Missionary Bang

In the past twenty years, I had established many churches in Mae Hong Son. I have done the work of raising and training many seminary students. But in the middle of the year 2006, the weight of burden became inexpressively overloading. I had grown weary. My heart was yearning for retirement. But I did not have a choice to stop or give up. At the same time, I no longer was able to move forward. I had no ability to see further or envision the future. Just then, the Lord had awaken my senses in missionary work just as when He had first called me as a missionary. I began to seek the ways to spiritually raise up seminary students. But most of all, I needed to be restored and get back up.

In the month of June, in order to take courses to obtain a Doctorate in Ministry, I had visited South Korea for two weeks. One day, I visited the home of a pastor whom I am close too. At his library, I found a book titled, ‘Baptize by Blazing Fire”. As I was reading the book, I was greatly stunned. My heart was yearning to invite the author of the book to our mission fields. So I called the author and he answered the call. The author, who was also a pastor asked me if I had read all the other books. I answered stating only one book. The pastor then told me he would send me the book series from two to five. He continued our conversation by saying that he needed to pray about holding a conference. He said, he will decide to hold conference if the Lord permits him. Pastor Kim said, it is his goal to reach as many as possible through the books than actually holding many revivals.

Finally, on one particular Saturday, Pastor Kim, Yong Doo had chosen the dates for conference. It was the last week of September of that year. Pastor said that I would encounter many tests. He said many churches that holds fire conferences encounter many tests up to the actual day of the conference. Pastor Kim told me to pray a lot.

On the following Monday, I fell onto the floor of the theological school bathroom. When I had fallen, my back fell onto something sharp. In that moment, I could not get up nor call anyone. My body was in pain for awhile. Even though I had suffered from this injury, in these painful times, I had prayed to God to help us hold the fire conference without fail. I remembered the words of Pastor Kim that I needed to pray a lot because I would be encountering many tests before the fire conference. I proclaimed a special prayer until the conference. The seminary students and all the people who reside in the seminary school cried out and prayed day and night for two months.

After few days had passed, the rest of Pastor Kim’s books arrived. Within my heart, a voice aroused. ‘You must read precisely and thoroughly’. I went into the main sanctuary. I opened the books. I began to read it precisely as I spoke in tongue. The shock was too great. I thought and considered if the spiritual warfare was such a thing, it may be better for me to die. There was no sense of common ground between my theological background and the books.

There were more incidents. A Sunday school student had fallen out from his car. The accident had stopped the people in a whole town from coming to church service.

Due to a typhoon, an old oak tree fell onto a house of a senior pastor and his assistant pastor. As a result, there were tremendous damage. Events continuously occurred. Even though many events had occurred, peace had entered into my heart. I was expecting to witness great blessing and grace.

The eventually passed and the appointed day for the conference had arrived. Including Pastor Kim, Yong Doo who was our guest speaker for the conference, the team from the Lord’s church arrived as well. The conference began at 7 pm and continued until 5 am the next morning. I was expecting Pastor Kim to pray over people as he laid his hands over the people’s head. But my expectation was missed. Pastor asked the people who were attending the conference to put everything down except the Lord. Most of all, he said that one’s determination is important. Once we firmly decide, God will help us because He views the determination as precious.

Then Pastor Kim, Yong Doo imparted fire. I was the translator at the conference. As he laid hands over me, the fire came upon me. During the corporate prayer time of crying out, the gift of tongue had come upon many people. The Spirit of repentance had come upon as well.

The next day, more than five hundred people attended the 7 pm evening service. During the prayer time of corporate crying out, several ministers and students had their spiritual eyes opened. They experienced seeing heaven and hell. They realized the filthiness and ugliness of themselves. They repeatedly repented. They repented of not properly keeping the Lord’s day holy, the matter of offering and tithes to God, and the pastors and youth pastors who had ran a secret business on the side.

Pastor Sucre who was in charge of the missionary center had his spiritual eyes opened and experienced heaven and hell. He witnessed demons of laziness which had followed him vigorously for a long time. So he cast them out in prayer. Some people who were not initially blessed and who did not experience a graceful time experienced the blessing and grace when they had arrived at their residence. But it occurred when they applied Pastor Kim’s words which was to put everything down except the Lord.

In the baptizing book series, there is content describing the lifting up of arms and praying for a long time. I had no ability to understand this concept. I thought it may be just exaggeration. But once I lifted up my arms, I knew it was real because I felt the Lord holding my hands and arms. I had no difficulty holding them high for a long time. I had even
felt so light. I felt the holy fire becoming hotter. The wife of Pastor Kim danced in the Spirit and the dance was called the holy dance. It was very
smooth and graceful. It was very beautiful. Except a few people, many of the seminary female students received this gift and began dancing in the Spirit.

After the conference, we continued in the prayer service. The spirit of repentance continued as well. The holy fire continuously sanctifies. During the Wednesday service, I had experienced so much holy fire entering my body through my chest and right hand.

I had a seminary student who used to be very violent that he even broke the window and created a lot commotion. He became so disturbed that he screamed for over one hour. But with the work of the Holy Spirit, all the evil spirits came out of him. He became like a gentle sheep.

Among the female seminary students, I had a girl who were going through difficult time due to her epilepsy. On one particular service, the illness began and she also began to laugh hysterically. I rapidly came down from the pulpit and laid my hands over her. I then saw an evil spirit in the form of a woman. The spirit looked eerie and in that moment goose bumps covered all over my body. I imparted the holy fire the way Pastor Kim, Yong Doo instructed me. She then became peaceful. I somehow in my spirit knew the Lord said to the girl ‘I love you’ and the girl confessed to the Lord ‘I love you, Lord’. When the loving words were delivered to my heart, the tears of thanksgiving continuously flowed down.

For twenty years, I had lived in spiritual ignorance. Not only did I live in spiritual ignorance, I had neglected the sheep who were entrusted to me in the midst of the evil spirits. When I had realized my error, my heart ached very much. I prayed believing with an earnest heart that the Lord would have pity for this land and will grant the favor of salvation. I had obtained one very precious truth. The Lord requires our determination in every second and every moment of our life. And I realized this is the true spiritual warfare.