Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trees Bearing 12 Kinds of Fruits in HEAVEN

The trees of life bear 12 kinds of delicious fruits which are  beyond compare  to earthly fruits. If you eat it, you will not grow old, nor get weary nor die.

Testimony of Rev Elwood Scott:


The elder again said to me, "Let us gather some of the fruit of these trees and then we will join that company yonder." I replied, "I would be quite glad to do so, for I have eaten nothing since leaving the body," and yet I felt no great sense of need.  My hunger seemed more like what I had often realized while in the flesh when I felt a longing to hear a good gospel sermon.  My guide now said, "What kind of fruit would you prefer?  You can have your choice of things here just as you used to in the earth.  If you feel faint or weary from your long abstinence from food, this kind (pointing to a certain pear- shaped and beautifully colored fruit) is what you need, for the tree has twelve kinds, as you see, upon it." I said with feelings of deepest praise, "Oh, how wonderfully God has provided for us!  Twelve kinds of fruit on each tree, ripening their fruit every month, and the leaves never withering!  Wonderful!"
"Here," said he, "pluck from the boughs on this side of the tree and eat." I did so, and much refreshing and enlightening grace as they imparted to me, it is beyond the comprehension of mortal man to know; it must be eaten to be understood.  The taste of the fruit was delicious indeed.  The earth never furnished anything like unto it for taste, not the orange, peach, nor melon.  Nor would the fragrance of the rose compare with it.  "When anyone eats of these trees," said the elder, "he can never die again, grow older nor feel weary; death hath no more dominion over him.  One of these trees grew in the Garden of Eden.  After our first parents had sinned against God, they thought to eat of the fruit of it also; but God said, "No," for had they eaten of it they would always have lived in that sinful, dying state.  So a flaming angel was sent to guard it, and so man never eats of it until he has passed the boundaries of his earthly life."