Friday, October 7, 2011

Heavenly Worship


There are some moments in our parish, our minds would wonder, thinking of other things right during our greatest worship, the Holy Mass. In heaven, there is great rejoicing during worship.


I had been so entranced at our situation and surroundings and so absorbed in the conversation that I had almost forgotten who or where I was; but turning to Bohemond, I said: "How blessed to be here, and then, just to think, we are with the old prophets of God of whom we have read so much!"


At this Bohemond again fell on his face in adoring praise to God, and poured forth such sweet strains of melodious thanksgiving, that David could not withhold his fingers from the strings of his harp, In a moment more, the whole chariot was sounding with the sweetest music of all the ages, for the sweet singer of Israel had greatly improved himself, he said, since he had been singing the songs of heaven.  While we were singing, Bohemond arose and joined, and sang so loud and lovely that all eyes were turned upon him.  As I scanned the faces I caught the glimpse of one which I soon recognized as that of Abraham, whom I had met back at the crystal river.  I stepped toward him.  He knew me and called my name, and shook my hand with a joyous fresh welcome and said: "Let me introduce to you my son Isaac, and Jacob as well, of whom you have often read." GO to Chap 14, Great Prayer Meeting in Heaven


image of King David from Wiki