Thursday, October 20, 2011

Even Sinners who Repented at the Time DEATH, will Merit HEAVEN.


Sinners who repented at the time death is forgiven by our merciful God.The sinner though has to be prepared before she could partake of the blessings in heaven.

Just at this moment I saw a woman step from a chariot.  She seemed to be so bewildered that she sank down as one of the attendants approached her.  She threw up her hands and cried out in amazement, "Oh, my God!  I am not worthy nor fit for this glory.  Oh, can I ever be made right with God?" She closed her eyes almost unconscious with bewilderment and it seemed she could not speak as her attendant kindly addressed her with most loving words.  At last she opened her eyes and looked about in wonder and amazement exclaiming, "Oh, these white garments, these golden goblets, trees of life and blooming flowers!  I am not worthy of them.  Have I really a right to be here and to all these beautiful trees loaded with such lovely fruit?  Oh, the mercy of God!  I was such a great sinner."

"Yes, indeed," replied her guide, "but your sins have all been forgiven.  The angels make no mistakes.  You have a right to these trees, for they are His on whom you have believed; yea they are yours, for you are His."

At this she arose to her feet and said: "But have I the wedding garment on?  I was earnestly trying when the chariot came for me.  I was in such deep distress and confusion of soul, knowing I had not been prepared for so great a change."
"You have been saved, my child." said her attendant, "so as by fire, you were not a faithful servant of God, you did not build with gold, silver and precious stones, but with wood, hay and stubble, which have been burnt.  God cannot reward you largely now.  These infinite blessings spread out before you in all directions may be obtained by and by, when you are prepared for them.  Be faithful to your present opportunities, for much is before you to be done.  Advancements which ought to have been made in the world will have to be made here, ere you can go on to the city gates, or see the shining glory of the Jasper wall.  Come with me and I will assist you in a further knowledge of Christ and His eternal salvation and kingdom."
I now said to the elder by my side, "Will you explain to me her great mistake?"
"Surely," he replied.  "She represents a very large class in the world who have not made good use of earthly opportunities, she was never deeply interested in her salvation till near the time of her death.  Do you not see how slim and lean she looks, and how little clothing she has, only a gown!  Her repentance has been genuine and her faith accepted the promises of eternal life in her Lord, and her forgiveness has been complete.  She has added but little grace and almost no growth to her soul.  She feels now, as all such souls do and must feel, her great loss.  She has no treasure laid up in heaven.  Paradise itself seems too good for her; but God in His great mercy will bring her on.  These trees are for her.  Their leaves are full of healing virtue.  No one who has not received the gift of eternal life and been born again will ever be carried by the angels to this glory.  Many, alas, perish from the earth in sight of the Redeemer’s outstretched arms of love and mercy, because they will not accept His gracious help; they love the pleasures of sin more than God or these everlasting joys and pleasures at His right hand here forevermore."
"Oh, blessed Christ," I cried, "filled with everlasting love and mercy for thy people, that even in the last moments of life, like the dying thief, may be snatched from the jaws of death!  But, oh, her great loss, how sad!"

GO to Chap 2, First Visit for more