Thursday, October 13, 2011

No Distinction of Races in HEAVEN

If you are black, brown, or yellow skinned on earth,  there is no distinction of races in heaven!


It makes no difference here as to the kind of body we had on earth.  All souls have a spotless whiteness here and their robes, the same.  Whatever the physical condition may have been on earth, we are all one family here.  Children of one Father.  Do you notice that group of singers yonder?"

"I do, mother."
"They were all colored people of America," she said "some of them suffered much, as slaves, by their old masters.  Let us go and speak to them a moment."
We did so, when to my great surprise I quickly recognized one of them.  We stood face to face, but for a moment I hesitated, and then said: "In the name of paradise, is this you, Rastus?"

"Oh," he said, "It’s me; but who be you?"
I said, "Look again."
He did so and began to smile.  "I do know you, Mr. Sodi, you preached to us colored folks once on board the vessel on de North Sea," and with that he gave me his hand.
I knew him in my earlier years having business with his old master in the South.  He was very black and very ignorant, but his face now shone with the brightness of heaven itself, and his garments were perfect whiteness.

"Well, I am glad to meet you," he said.
"Indeed, it is mutual," I replied; "but you are so changed.
Are there no black faces in heaven?" I inquired.
 

GO to Chap 21, No Race Prejudice in Heaven  for more