Saturday, October 15, 2011

Preachers Lorenzo Dow, Roland Hill, Adam Clark and others are in Heaven


 \


You'll meet noted preachers like Lorenzo Dow, Adam Clark and others when you are saved and go to heaven.
At this there came a group of happy men, precious souls, passing near us.  I said, "Who are they?" and they were quickly invited to tarry a moment for an introduction.  My friends, Edwin Ransome and Peter Fuggele, knew them well, and said:
"They are a group of ministers who were noted and well-known in the world, greatly beloved on earth and so they are in heaven."
I was soon introduced to Christmas Evans and Rowland Hill of England, Dr. Guthrie also. Robert Flockhart and John Wesley stood side by side.  Dr. Adam Clark and George Fox were also introduced, then there came Peter Cartwright and Lorenzo Dow, with many others.
"Oh," I cried and said, "I have heard and read of all you good men.  Glad indeed, very glad I am to meet you all here.  This must be the ‘preachers’ picnic party.’" I beckoned to mother, Genevive and Mary, who also came and were introduced, A number of seats were brought and placed beneath the broad, spreading branches of the tree and we all sat down, when we saw David coming toward us carrying his harp.  When he had come near, all these brethren arose and greeted him with a most heavenly welcome.  David made a most courteous bow and with a pleasant smile was seated with us.  Then standing and taking in the situation, he quickly introduced his chariot group again when they arose and gave us another welcome.  At this I arose and said: "Dear brethren, my soul is so overcome with the joy and gladness of heaven, I cannot Longer restrain my feelings."


image from Wiki