Saturday, December 12, 2015

Guilt Dams your Living Waters

                                                   ----
Guilt  Dams  Your  Living  Waters, December  8,  2015

The  Lord  is  with  us,  Heartdwellers.  Today  He  wants  to  address  the  issue  of  guilt,  the  guilt  we  carry  around  when we  blow  it…

I  wanted  to  start  out  by  telling  you,  I  did  a  meditational  video,  My  Child You  Are  Forgiven,  several  months  ago  with  music,  and  today  the  Lord  asked  me  to  listen  to  it.  I'd  been  struggling  with  certain  character  flaws  and  habits  that  were  not  appropriate  for  the  high  calling  we  have  in  Christ  as  Brides.  The  Black  Panther  made  his  entrance  again  and  I  was  growing  weary  and  not  knowing  how  to  strangle  him.

I  am  seeing  now  that  guilt  is  a  great  tactic  of  the  enemy  to  stop  up  the  living  waters  springing  from  within,  or  even  pollute  them.    During  the  forgiveness  meditation  I  watched  as  opaque  shadows  of  bundles  of  sin flowed downstream  in  the  crystal  clear  waters,  and  I  realized  that  when  our  desire  natures  are  at  odds  with  what  we  know  would  most  please  God, and  we  are  at  a  point  in  our  lives  where  our  Love  for  Him  still does  not  equal  our  Love  for  ourselves-­‐we  allow  ourselves  things  He  has  advised  us we  would  be  better  off-­‐more  spiritual,  less  carnal-­‐without.  

That  reminded  me  of  Galatians  5:16­‐18  ‘So  I  say,  walk  by  the  Spirit,  and  you  will  not  gratify  the  desires  of  the  flesh.  For  the  flesh  desires  what  is  contrary  to  the  Spirit,  and  the  Spirit  what  is  contrary  to  the  flesh.  They  are  at  war  with  each  other,  so  that  you  are  not  to  do  whatever  you  want.  But  if  you  are  led  by  the  Spirit,  you  are  not  under  the  law.,Those  who  belong  to  Christ  Jesus  have  crucified  the  flesh  with  its  passions  and  desires.’

We  all  have  something  we  struggle  over-­‐and  should  I  think  otherwise,  in  no  time  at  all will  the  Lord  reveal  them,  lest  we  perish  through  pride  and  judgment.

So,  when  we  indulge  ourselves  anyway,  we  create  a  bundle  of  guilt  and  remorse  that  we  were  not  strong  enough  in  our  Love  for  Him  to  deny  ourselves.    That  bundle  begins  to  form  a  dam,  and  just  like  the  beavers  that  cut  down  a  tree  to  stop  up  the  waters,  that  bundle  begins  to  form  a  dam  that holds  back  the  flow  of  living  waters  from  within  ourselves.

Jesus  led  me  through  the  Forgiveness  Meditation.    And  what  was  really  anointed  for  me  was  that  He  wanted  me  to  know  that  I  really  am  forgiven.  He  wants  me  to  accept  that.    But  how  can  I  accept  that  when  I  know  I  am  still  not  strong  enough  to  avoid  the  next  occasion  of  sin?   How  do  I  deal  with  repetitive  sin? Many  of  you  on  the  channel  have  been  very  candid  and  written  in  about  your  struggles  with  repetitive  sin,  so  I  know  that  the  Lord  is  going  to  use  this  flaw  of  mine  to  help  you  as  well,  to  get  a  perspective  on  how  to  handle  it.

Now,  I  call  it  sin, because  the  Lord  said  many  things  are  permissible-­‐but  not  all  of  those  things  are  expedient  or  God's  perfect  will  for  you.  

I  said, “Lord  how  can  You  forgive  me  when  I  keep  on  sinning?    I'm  so  sick  of  my  carnal  nature.”

He  replied,  "Yes,  but  ALL  is  forgiven.    Clare,  you  are  not  free,  you  are  bound  in  guilt.    I  wanted  to  free  you  tonight."      
“But  how  can  you  free  me  when  I  feel  like  a  dog  that  returns  to  his  vomit?”

"Even  vomit  can  get  old‚  and  in  a  hurry.  But  when  you  don't  forgive  yourself,  you're  chained,  bound  and  useless,  in  the  sense  that  what  is  clear  and  clean,  gushing  from inside  of  you  is  dammed  up  by  the  debris  of  your  sin.    Let  it  go."  

“Lord,  I  want  to  but  I'm  not  getting  encouraging  readings  from  You...they  are  all  pinpointing  my  weaknesses.    Just  more  readings  that  make  me  feel guilty.    Can  you  give  me  something  that  will  set  me  free?"  I  began  to  cry.

Well,  I  opened  the  Bible  Promises  and  this  is  what  I  opened  to:  

"I  will   cure  them  of  their  unfaithfulness.  I  will  love  them  freely.  I  will  no  longer  be  angry  with  them. Hosea  14:4

“Now  may  our  Lord  Jesus  Christ  Himself  and  God  our  Father,  who  has  loved  us  and  given  us  eternal  comfort  and  good  hope  by  grace,  comfort  and  strengthen  your  hearts  in  every  good  work  and  word.” 2  Thessalonians 2:16-­‐17

"I  have  loved  you  with  an  everlasting  love;  therefore  I  have  drawn  you  with  loving kindness.” Jeremiah  31:3
(How  do  you  like  those  numbers?  Pretty  neat,  yeah?)

But  God,  being  rich  in  mercy,  because  of  His  great  love  with  which  He  loved  us,  even  when  we  were  dead  in  our  transgressions,  made  us  alive  together  with  Christ  (for  by  grace  you  have  been  saved),  and  raised  us  up  with  Him,  and  seated  us  with  Him  in  the  heavenly  places  in  Christ  Jesus,  so  that  in  the  ages  to  come  He  might  show  the  surpassing  riches  of  His  grace  in  kindness  toward  us  in  Christ  Jesus.  Ephesians  2:4-­‐7

The  Lord  continued  here,  "Now  if  that  doesn't  convince  you  My  Darling,  nothing  will.  Don't  worry  about  this  tendency  to  sin…"


Now,  before  you  get  all  angry  with  me,  and  say  that  I'm  not  hearing  from  the  Lord  for  that  remark,  He's  not  talking  about  ignoring the  fact  that  you  are  sinning.  What's  He's  trying  to  do  here  is  get  you  not  to  focus  so  much  on  the  sin, as  on  His  love  for  you,  and  His  promises  that  He's  faithful  to  deliver  you  from  the  sinful  nature.

"Don't worry  about  this  tendency  to  sin, locking  horns  with  it. Rather  divert  your  attention  away  from  its  suggestions.    Change  the  subject,  radically.  Get  on  something  else  and  leave  that  demon  hanging  in  the  air  without  any  satisfaction.  

"The  minute  you  lock  horns  with  it,  your  focus  goes  from  Me  to  the  sin  which  is  overpowering  you.    Keep  your  eyes  on  Me,  and  confess  the  fact  that  I  will  finish  what  I  started  in  your  soul.  We  are  going  to  have  the  victory.    In  other  words, pay  more  attention  to  Me  and  MY  promises  to  you  to  cure  you,  than  to  the  momentary  battle.”


Here  I'd  like  to  insert,  the  Lord  isn't  saying  not  to  repent  -­‐I'm  taking  that  for  granted  and  He's  taking  that  for  granted,  because  we're  dealing  with  some  VERY  repentant  people  on  this  channel!  To  the  point  where  they're  constantly  condemning  themselves  for  things  they're  innocent  of...  So,  yes  of  course  repent!  Yes,  of  course  tell  Him  you're  sorry  and  ask  for  the  strength  to  go  on.  But  then  move  on  with  Him,  changing  the  focus  from  yourself  and  your  sin  to  His  power  to  deliver  you.

The  Lord  continues  here:
"Make  a  fast  offering,  'Jesus,  I  offer  you  this  temptation  which  I  have  chosen  not  to  follow,  for  one  sinner at  the brink  of  Hell,  that  they  will  be  reached  with  Your  love  and  redemption.      Rather  I  am  choosing  out  of  love  for  You,  that  which  I  know  will  please  You.'
 
"You'll  be  surprised  how  quickly  they  will  cease  and  desist  hammering  you  with  temptations. They  will  be  throttled  by  Satan  if  a  soul  feels  conviction  because  you  prayed for them. Basically  they  will  be  told,  'Go  find  someone  else  to  torment,  this  one  is  too  dangerous.'  or  'Wait  for  a  time  when  she  is  weaker-­‐then  return  and  surely  she  will  fall.'

"Remember  Satan  took  leave  of  Me  saying  he  would  wait  for  a  more  propitious  time.    When  the  devil  had  finished  tempting  Jesus,  he  left  him  until  the  next  opportunity.  Luke  4:13

"Try  it,  you  will  see  how  well  it  works.  There  are  plenty  of  people  to  torment,  those  who  will  not  turn  it  around  and  use  it  as  a  weapon  against  the  tormentor.

"I  am  giving  you  this  advice  because  I,  too,  grieve  when  you  sin  and  both  of  us  are  hurting.    Oh,  Clare,  I  want  so  much  to  make  your  heart  perfect  before  Me.    But  it  doesn't  happen  overnight.    Remember  you  are  to  be  a  'good'  example  to  others.    And  yet  your  weaknesses...I  use  as  well.
 
"The  issue  is  the  sting  of  guilt  that  is  left  behind  and  causes  those  living  waters  to  trickle  instead  of  gush.    Do  you  want  those  living  waters  to flow at  full  force  or  trickle?"

Wow.    I  see  your  point,  Lord.

"I  know  you  do, and  for  that  I  am  happy.    So,  try  to  remember  that: in  the  presence  of  temptations,  the  guilt  will  block  the  flow  of  ministry.  Right  now  you  could  be  operating  at  a  much  higher  flow.  Come,  let  us  walk  this  through  together.

"And  My  Brides,  the  exact  same  thing  applies  to  you  as  well.    Do  you  want  more  of  the  Spirit?    Crucify  more  of  the  flesh.    Not  on  your  own,  but  when  I  inspire  you  to  abstain  from  things  that  are  harmful  to  your  walk.    If  you  are  faithful  to  follow  My  instructions,  it  will  take  only  a  little  time  to  get  to  the  summit-­‐not  years  wandering  round  and  round  in  the  desert,  as  it  has  taken  My  Bride,  Clare.

"Yes,  for  years  she  has  struggled.    And  many  of  you,  too,  have  struggled  for  years.    All  of  you  have  different  issues,  or  slightly  different versions  of  them.    These  are  allowed  for  your  perfection.    


"As  James  says,
 Consider  it  pure  joy,  my  brothers  and  sisters, whenever  you  face  trials  of  many  kinds,  because  you  know  that  the  testing  of  your  faith  produces  perseverance.  Let  perseverance  finish  its  work  so  that  you  may  be
mature  and  complete,  not  lacking  anything."    James  1:2-­‐4

 
"So, there  is  a  point  to  being  exercised  in  self-­‐control  and  self-­‐denial.    By  My  grace,  you  ascend  on  high  to  the  throne  I  have  prepared  for  you  in  Heaven.    You  say,  'But  Lord,  I  don't  care  about  a  throne.'    Ah  yes,  I  understand. But  do  you  care  about  justice  and  righteousness,  healing  the  sick,  feeding  and  clothing  the  poor,  teaching  the  uninformed? 
 
"Yes,  of  course  you  do.    Do  you  wish  to  give  wedding  presents  to  Me? Do  you  wish  to  make  Me  ecstatically  happy?    Do  you  see  My  point?    These  offerings  will  bring  you  into  a  greater  degree  of  authority  and  with  that  comes  the  privilege  of  doing  more  good  for  the  Kingdom.    Don't  you  know  the  Bride  looks  after  the  Groom's  welfare  and  happiness?    
 
So,  make  Me  happy.  Throw  off  this  harness  of  guilt  and  condemnation.  Let  these  little  self-­‐indulgences­‐which  the  enemy  makes  light  of  before you  commit  them-­‐but  afterwards  hammers  you  as  with  a maul...    Let  them  fall away. Walk  away  from  them.  Leave  those  demons  hanging  in  mid-­‐air,  with  no  results.

"I  love  you.  I'm  with  you.  Remember: leave  those  demons  hanging. Pray  for  the  lost. And  offer  Me  your  fast  from  self-­‐will  for  those  who  stand  on  the  brink  and  have no  other  soul  to  pray  for  them."  


Source: Heartdwellers