Monday, August 3, 2015

Communion Instructions

                                                  --


A Simple Communion Service by Clare du Bois, 7-31-15


Dear Family...this is not a replacement for the Catholic Mass, the Orthodox, or Episcopal Liturgy. It is simply a form of communion for use at home or during a time of extreme persecution when other options are not available. The Lord has promised that if you confess with your mouth and believe sincerely with your heart, He will indeed visit you in a very special way through a simple home-spun service. It is totally up to Him as to how He wants to manifest. But, we should honor Him by treating our communion elements with total reverence and respect. Please do not throw left overs to the birds or in the garbage. Dissolve them with water and put them in a respectful place where they will not be trampled.


There are seven very short parts to this service:
Worship
Thanksgiving
Confession
A Word From Scripture
The Blessing
Receiving Communion
Resting in the Lord


Begin with Worship
Have a worship song or two before your prayers if you have time.


Thanksgiving
Lord, I thank and praise You for all You have done for me, all You have given and that You will never forsake me.


Confession
I confess I have sinned against You and my brother. (list your sins) Pause


Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; forgive me and, cleanse me from my sins.
Create in me a pure heart O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me, and grant a willing spirit, to sustain me.

A Word From Scripture
Your Word is a light unto my feet, guide me in Your ways.
Open randomly to a rhema reading, meditate on that, repeat it out loud. Remember to confess this word all day,
for instance:

"Behold, I will pour out My Spirit upon You and make My Words known to You. Holy are You Lord, full of power and might, the heavens declare Your glory. As the deer pants for living waters , So my soul longs for You O my God.”

The Blessing
On the night before You died, You had supper with Your apostles, You took bread from the table, lifted it up to the Father and gave thanks and praise. You broke the bread (break the bread) and gave it to Your apostles saying,
"Take this, all of you , and eat it: This is My Body which will be given up for you." (set it aside)


Then, You took the cup, lifted it up to the Father and gave thanks, saying: take this all of you, and drink from it: this is the cup of My Blood, the Blood of the new and everlasting covenant. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of Me. (set the cup aside)


Receiving Communion
Before you receive communion recite this prayer:
Lord I am not worthy that You should come under my roof, but only say the word and I will be healed. May your Body and Blood give me the strength to live for You until You Come for us in glory.”


Resting in the Lord
Spend time with Jesus after communion, dwell with Him as He strengthens you with Himself.

Then, respectfully clean the cup and plate -even little crumbs, in a bowl of water, then pour the water on a plant or a place where it will not be walked on.


If you want to save the remaining communion bread & wine that has been prayed over, so you can receive it again: remember the Lord promised He would be present to you in a very special way, so treat the wine and bread with special reverence. Put it in a special container in a respectful place so you can receive from it tomorrow without saying all the prayers, just making a confession of sin and saying "Lord I am not worthy..."

On Private Communion by Ezekiel du Bois
Knowing that we are the "Body" of Christ, and that a Body cannot be dissected under normal circumstances, I simply sit down at my little prayer altar, with my Bible, a small piece of Bread, and either grape juice/or wine. I usually try to quiet myself before the Lord, asking Him if there is anything particular on His Heart.

I then prayerfully ask the Holy Spirit to guide me, and I open My Bible. I do this three different times, Once to an old testament reading, then to a Psalm, and lastly to a gospel Reading. (by reading, I mean -which ever page the Bible opens to, I will stay with those two pages in front of me. Something should "stand out" to you, or get your attention.


Just read these readings as if Jesus or the Father were literally sitting right there in front of you -as if you are reading a personal letter from Him to you in that moment, as if He is speaking directly to you. For Example: Psalm 23 -"My Precious Child, I AM your Shepherd, You will lack for nothing...(and so on _).

The key is, make it personally for you, paraphrasing it so that He is speaking directly to you. This way of reading Scripture will truly bring you into a whole new personal experience of really communicating with Him!


After I have spent some time with the Scriptures, I try to call to remembrance any sins I may have committed, and sincerely repent of anything that I have done, thought, or spoken -or neglecting to be kind or loving to someone.
Naturally you would ask His forgiveness.You might then pray for any special needs, or intercede for others at this time.

After that, offer the Bread and the Wine to our Lord, asking Him to Bless it, and receive His Most Precious Body and Blood, for yourself, and for all others that you can think of, remembering that you are joining with the Body of Christians all over the world in these moments.



I would just say, be natural with Him. Also, Paul says that we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses cheering us on in the race. Therefore, in these special moments, we are truly joining with the WHOLE Body of Christ undivided, remembering Jesus' prayer "...that they may be one."


I know that very powerful graces come down, and are sent out, in and through you, whenever we "eat this bread, and drink this cup". I don't know of a stronger, and more intimately personal time of True Prayer and Fellowship with the Lord, and the Whole Body!!



Hope this helps.
In His Love,
+Ezekiel