Monday, August 8, 2011

Safari in Heaven


 If your unfulfilled dream on earth is a safari, you could have it in heaven.

Our loved ones could still hear us right after death,before he departs for heaven.

"He could neither see nor hear me, however, I was allowed to hear his conversation. He was saying how he wished he had been able to tell Patricia good-bye and that he was sorry he had left so suddenly.could He also wanted her to know he had heard everything she said to him while he lay motionless. He wished she see what God had blessed him with and that he would continue to pray for his family back on Earth. I returned shortly after that conversation and proceeded with plans for the luncheon.


The next day we decorated for the luncheon as directed by the Holy Spirit. We used my mother’s beautiful jungle animal statuary, candles, black and gold as accent colors, a leopard print table runner and African style greenery together with some small palms. To serve the meal, we used the sterling silver servers, crystal platters, china plates and satin tablecloths. The room’s appearance was very regal.
Once the funeral service was over, the guests began to arrive. Everyone seemed to be impressed and when Patricia arrived, she looked stunned. She sought me out and asked how we had known to decorate with that particular style, as her husband loved it. I took her aside from the other guests so I could speak privately. I began by asking her why he liked the ‘jungle animal’ theme so much. I told her I thought maybe he collected things from Africa or he was rediscovering his ‘roots’. What she said next stunned me!
With tears in her eyes, she said, “All his life he wanted to take an African safari, but I would never go. I was afraid I would be eaten by the wild animals so every time he asked me, I said no”.
I proceeded to tell her how God took me to heaven and how he had shown me her husband’s home that was built in the middle of a wild animal preserve. I shared about the beauty of his mansion and what I heard him saying about her. She was quite overwhelmed by it all, but was very moved at the goodness of God...."

Go to safari for more.
image from freedigitalphotos