Monday, October 18, 2010

Purgatory: the Purification Place

When I was searching for the true faith, am a Catholic (since birth), I joined the Catholic Charismatics: the Lord’s Flock, El Shaddai, the Light Of Jesus, Soldiers’ of Christ; then to other sects: Baptist, Born Again. I found out that they are all Christian, meaning they believe in Jesus Christ, But outside of the Catholic Church, the Born Again, the Baptist and from my readings, I learned that they don’t believe in the Virgin Mary’s intercession, in confession of sin through the priest (an apostle of God) nor do they make sign of the cross. Their belief is that they can go direct to God. That why should they confess to another human being, the priest; they don’t have icons; there’s no need to pray for the dead, that their only destination was either hell or heaven.

Sign of the cross
- we make the sign of the cross to indicate that whatever we are doing, we do it for the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Virgin Mary's Intercession-
the Lord Jesus, the Virgin Mary's son on earth, was given the authority by our God to "catch" men and lead them to Jesus.

The Priest/Confession
- are apostles of Jesus. Peter (the first Pope), was given the authority by Jesus to forgive sins, " I forgive whoever you forgive". Peter passed this authority to the succeeding popes, the Bishops down to the priest.

STATUES
"All sacramental must be worn and kept in the homes. The monuments, statues, must be kept in the homes and the House of God, for they will not then fall during the trial of chastisement. All who keep My monuments in their houses will not be destroyed." - Jesus, March 25, 1973 tldm

Icons or statues - we are not glorifying the statues. We pray to the saint, Virgin Mary or ask for mercy from God through this images. We venerate the saints and the Virgin Mary to ask for their intercession.
Similar to pictures of our dead loved ones. We remember them through the pictures. It is not the picture that we love, but the memory of the person.By presenting the pictures to their descendants, they would know who their ancestors are.


Praying for the Dead - Purgatory (see messages from our Lord Jesus below)
There are only two persons born without sin, the Virgin Mary and John the Baptist. So, from death they went straight to heaven. The other mortals like us inherit the sins of our parents. Adam and Eve, the sin of disobedience to God. And in our daily lives, aren't we guilty of sins of omissions or commissions? If we die without mortal sins, we have a chance to go to heaven by being purified in purgatory. It is like hell but the difference is that we have the chance to go to heaven. The length our purification in purgatory would depend on the prayers offered by the faithful for the souls in purgatory.
For the souls who are elevated to heaven, they would in turn pray for us.

Messages of our Lord Jesus & Mama Mary

"Those who have heckled and doubted shall be put to shame and confusion. For nothing remains hidden in the darkness, but must come forward into the light to be exposed at a certain time." (Our Lady, 10-6-80)

"You will not stop the words of My Mother. She is your Co-Redemptrix, and as such, it is She Who has been given the mission to bring you back onto the road to the Kingdom. Without Her you will be lost." - Jesus, August 5, 1974

The Saints

"In the past many saints were sent to you to prepare you and warn you of these present days that you live in. But who took heed of their counsel? And now My Mother wanders upon earth, and who takes heed of Her counsel? How long do you think I shall stand by and allow you to defame Her? I shall not much longer allow My Mother to be victimized by you." (Jesus, 7-25-79) tldm

yes, they knew; I have waited for you to love Me and amend, loving Me fervently repairs and so those souls in Purgatory are healed, 1 snatched from the purifying fires and can finally come to Me;
Vassula, do you know how much they suffer while in Purgatory? their desire to see Me but being unable to? how much they depend on you! ah Vassula, will you help them? tlig


Confession

I have given you all My Law; this Law is to be obeyed by all of you; I have given you teachers who minister in My Church; these are to guide you and teach you all how important it is to Receive Me in Holy Communion; receive My Blood and My Body; My Blood was not poured out in Rivers for nothing, My Blood was poured out for you to drink It; these ministers should not keep away from you My Blood, My Blood was poured out for your Salvation, you are to drink My Blood too; so come and drink Me and you will thirst for more; obey My words of My Last Supper, and when you come to Me, make sure before, how you will receive Me; examine yourselves, recollect yourselves, honour Me fully by repenting and often confessing; I have given you confessors; when, My beloved ones, you are confessing to him you are only confessing to Me, it is to Me you are confessing; do not treat the Blood of the Covenant as if It were not Holy; tlig

I desire you to pray for all the bishops and priests, I desire you to listen to all the teachings of those who represent Me; I desire you to fast and do penitence; I desire you to receive My Holy Eucharist as often as you can; I desire you to go for confession at least once a month; I desire you to read daily a part out of Scriptures; I desire you to repair for others by sacrificing; I desire them to pray the Rosary and, if possible, all three Mysteries; My goal is to bring you back to divinity and live holy for I am Holy; these are My Principles; I desire your abandonment daily; tlig
THREEFOLD
"If one would understand the great value of suffering she would ask it regardless of a human inclination to avoid pain and suffering. The graces gained from physical suffering when offered for a just cause, a meritable cause, for those in purgatory, the graces are threefold." - Jesus, February 1, 1978

GREAT SUFFERING
"There is a purgatory, a place of purging, My child--suffering great as in the abyss, but with the knowledge of a reprieve in time to come. It is a bleak longing of the spirit to look upon the Father. Know, My child, this longing of the heart in the fires is of great magnitude encompassing the being of the waiting soul." - Our Lady, March 29, 1975

PRAYER
"Continue now with your prayers of atonement. Persevere, for the hours of prayer shall release many from Purgatory." - Our Lady, April 5, 1975
tldm

PURGATORY
"You will pray for the souls in purgatory, and in the Lenten season ahead you will gain many graces for them." - Jesus, February 1, 1978
from http://www.tldm.org