Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Virgin Mary & the Holy Rosary

Majority of the Filipino Catholics are devotees of Mama Mary. We pray the Holy Rosary daily. The mother of God and our mother, born without sin, is obedient to God and is compassionate to her children. She places her children who ask for her intercession under her protective mantle.

Obedience to God and compassion are the qualities I want to emulate from Mama Mary.
Through out the day, I try to pray the 20 mysteries, divided into four, each composed of five decades: the Joyful Mysteries, Sorrowful, Glorious, and the Mysteries of Light.
Then I make my personal prayers, lift up my personal problems and my loved ones’ to God.

For the guide on how to pray the Rosary, go here.

Our Lord Jesus advises to pray for Mama Mary’s intercession:
- “My state on earth, as God-Man, was divine, yet I was obedient, living under the authority of My Mother and My Adoptive Father; I emptied Myself to assume the condition of a slave by accepting death, and you, generation, have not yet understood that the True Vine cast His roots in the Vineyard13 of My Father, and the Spouse of the Holy Spirit; the City of God, 14 the Promised Land, is your Mother too, in whom you owe honor; ah, generation, how could your heart have taken such a deceptive path to abstain from Her intercession?”
Go see the full text of the message here.

"If it were not for My Mother, you would have received the Ball of Redemption last year, My children.... The reprieve was given because of those who offered themselves up in sacrifice for their errant brothers and sisters." - Jesus, June 6, 1987
tldm

"honour The Woman adorned with the sun"

man! born of woman, honour The Woman adorned with the sun! feeble man! find your comfort in Her embrace and in those same arms that carried My Son through the desert into Egypt; honour the Mother who honoured Me with Her graciousness; why, have I not highly favoured Her? I have done great things for the Woman clothed with the sun, so that from that day forward, when My Spirit covered Her, all generations would call Her Blessed; shame and dishonour are the lot who stopped honouring Her; I take no pleasure in your comments combined with sneers on the Woman so highly favoured by Me and to each I will pay his due;
humble your spirit, humble it even more now and abstain from making faces when it comes to entreat Her intercession; who tells you that I shall not listen to Her? has your Mother not interceded in Cana? these signs were performed so that your spirit may understand what your spirit rejects today; 4 this sign was meant for all ages to come; the Woman adorned with the sun, adorned with My Holy Spirit, thrice Holy and who fills the world, ranks as Mother of God;
tlig

One of the miracles documented on the Rosary was during the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima where Jesuit missionaries who were within the one-mile radius were saved. Read More.