Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Power of Tongues

                                     

POWER OF TONGUES and seven reasons why you should be praying in your spiritual prayer language everyday.

Mark 16:17-18 17 “And these signs will accompany those who believe in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

As born again Christians we just focus on laying hands on the sick and they will recover. But Mark very specifically says that we will speak with the new tongues. Your new tongues is your spiritual prayer language that you received when you were baptized in Holy Spirit and it's your personal language to your heavenly Father. For those of you who have received your prayer language, and are not baptized in the Holy Spirit, I would encourage you to listen to my other teaching video called Receiving your Prayer Language.
.
  1. Tongues are direct communication to your heavenly Father
    and we see that in 1 Cor 14:2 when it says “For he who speaks in tongue does not speak to men but to God for no one understand him. However, in the spirit He speaks mysteries.”

    As we pray in tongues, our heavenly Father understands exactly what we are saying because the prayer is produced by Holy Spirit even though we may not understand what we are saying. But we know it is Holy Spirit that is producing the prayer and that it is rising up to the heavenly Father. 
     
  2. Tongues are produced by Holy Spirit
    so you will be praying that perfect prayer no matter who you're praying for or what circumstance you're praying, Holy Spirit will produce that perfect prayer. And we see that in Romans 8:26 : “Likewise the Holy Spirit also helps us in our weaknesses for we do not know what we should pray for as we ought but the Holy Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with the grownings which cannot be uttered”

    So if you're praying for an individual or for a situation and you're praying in your native language whether that would be English or Spanish or whatever language that may be.

    You're praying that prayer through your soul or through your mind and it may not be the perfect way to pray. So when you pray in tongues, it will always be the perfect prayer offered up to our Heavenly Father on behalf of whoever you're praying for.

    In Psalm 33:9 it says, “for He Yahweh spoke and it was done.” Holy Spirit is the one speaking through us in tongues. So, when He speaks through us, guess what, it is done, it is complete, the matter is settled. The prayer is answered and it already happened in the spiritual realm and it will manifest in the natural realm because it says in Scripture that His Word cannot return to Him void. We see that in Isaiah 55:11. It say “So shall My Word be that goes forth in My mouth, thou not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please and it shall prosper in thing for which I sent it.

    So when we submit our mouth to Holy Spirit and allow Him through us, our mouth becomes His mouth, our words becomes His Words because they are not our words, they are His words speaking through us. When we pray in tongues it His Word going forth. And according to Scripture His Word cannot return empty or void. It will accomplish what He wanted to and it will prosper in the thing for which He sent it.

    So when you pray in tongues, when you speak in tongues, it is His Word going forth, and when His Word goes forth, Scripture says it is done.

  3. Tongues activate our angels to act in our behalf.
    Tongues strengthen the angels to battle the demons in the spiritual realm. Paul understood this when he in 1 Corinthian 13:1 said this: “though I speak with tongues of men and of angels, Paul understood while he was praying in tongues that he was speaking directly to the angels because the angels understand your spiritual prayer language. 
     
  4. Praying in tongues gives us a holy boldness to preach the gospel
    We see that in Ephesians 6:18-20 when Paul says this: “praying always with all prayer and supplication in spirit.” He's talking about praying in tongues, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplications for all the saints. And for me that the utterance may be given to me that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel. 
     
    This is the apostle Paul praying for the holy boldness to speak the gospel. If Paul knew that he needed a holy boldness and Paul understood it came by praying in the spirit, how much more do we need to pray in the spirit, that we gain that holy boldness to speak the gospel message.

  5. We build up our most holy faith by praying in tongues and we edify ourselves.
    We see that in Jude 1:20 when it says: “but you, beloved, building yourself up in your most holy faith praying in the Holy Spirit.”
    And in 1 Corinthians 14:4, Paul says: “he who speaks in a tongue edifies himself”

    So one day, I was praying in tongues and Holy Spirit said this to me: “you are strengthening your faith now by praying in tongues”.

    As we pray in the spirit, we are strengthening our faith and we are getting a holy boldness and we are being edified because when we hear ourselves praying in tongues, when my tongue shift, I'll go wow, that sounded really awesome or that sounded really different because I've never heard those particular words in tongues before coming from me.

    As we pray in tongues it builds up our faith and it edifies us. 
     
  6. Praying in tongues strengthens every spiritual gift that you have received.
    Holy Spirit: The baptism of Holy Spirit is so important because tongues strengthens every spiritual gift that you have been given. You have the gift of faith and praying in tongues strengthens the gift of faith I have imparted to you.

    For example if you have the gift of healing or the gift of the word of knowledge, or word of wisdom, or the gift of miracles, or any of the other spiritual gifts, the gift of discernment and they are not operating to the fullest measure that you want them to operate in, then begin praying in tongues more and more. And that will strengthen the spiritual gifts that you have been given. 
     
Let's say you have the gift of healing but you are timid about laying hands on some people and may be there's some fear there or may be you have laid hands on people and you haven't seen results. Guess what, the gift is there and it needs to be stirred up and it needs to be stirred up by praying in your prayer language. So I challenge you to begin to start specifically pick a spiritual gift you've been given and saying, Holy Spirit, today I wanna pray in my prayer language, I want to build up, strengthen that spiritual gift so now I ` submit my mouth to you and I'm asking You through my prayer language to strengthen that particular gift.
And then launch and see what's gonna happen regarding that spiritual gift.
 
7. Our prayer in tongues rises up to the throne of Yahweh and immediately the answers come back down.
` Sometimes we hear the answer immediately and sometimes the answer is deposited within our spirit and the answer will rise up to our minds or the answer could come in a dream or in a vision may be at a later time but nonetheless, as we pray in the spirit we need to understand the answer is immediately coming back down.

In 1 Corinthians 14:13-15, it says: “therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret for if I pray in a tongue, my spirit praise but my understanding is unfruitful what is the conclusion then, I will pray with the spirit and also pray with the understanding I will sing with the Spirit also sing with the understanding.”

You can pray in your prayer language and then you can ask Holy Spirit to interpret. That's what Paul says, pray in the spirit then pray for the interpretation and a lot of times the interpretation is gonna be the answer that you are seeking

Also in Cor 12:10, 26, Paul writes about a diversity of tongues which means a variety of tongues. So when we get baptized in Holy Spirit each receive a personal prayer language to use during our prayer time. But the diversity of tongues is having several different sounding tongues depending on who you are and what you are praying for. Paul, it says in Scripture, had this diversity of tongues and he had tongues more than anyone else. And we see that in 1 Cor 14:18 when Paul says: “I thank my God that I speak with tongues more than you all.”
       
         I also have been given a diversity of tongues and depending on what I'm praying for or who I'm praying for, the tongues can shift. I've even prayed in Chinese and I've never learned Chinese. I've also prayed and spoken in Hebrew, I've never learned those languages before. But during my one-on-one time with the Lord, He has shown me that He has given me the diversity of tongues. Now that diversity is a language that I never learned to speak in but through the power of Holy Spirit He gave me that utterance and I was able to speak Mandarin and Hebrew. But the other diversity of tongues still speaking in unknown language but the languages sound different depending on what you are praying for. 2 Timothy 1:6 says this: “therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hand.”
So
        For those of you who are watching this video, I want to encourage you to use your prayer language everyday. And for those of you who are really desiring even as I speak your desiring and say I really want that diversity of tongues. I really desire to have Holy Spirit speak many languages through me and I just want to submit myself and this is something that I desire.

        If that's your desire even as I speak, I'm going to pray and I'm going to ask Holy Spirit to impart that to you because it is biblical to stir up the gift that Yahweh has already given you and by stirring up that gift, that's going to actually strengthen that gift within you. 
 
        I just want you to pray for that gift to be stirred up inside of you so that you, that already prayer language that you will receive the diversity of tongues, what I'm going to do, instead of using English to impart and to stir up that gift, I'm going to ask Holy Spirit to produce that perfect prayer in me for you to stir up and to give you the diversity of tongues. Even as I pray in my prayer language, that is what will be happening. (Prayer in tongues) What Holy Spirit is saying right now, just lift your hands like this, lift your hands in receiving mode. Holy Spirit, even telling me right now that you who are listening and desiring this diversity of tongues, you are receiving it right now. (Prayer language)

        Hallelujah, hallelujah, Now by faith you have received. So I want to encourage you to use your prayer language everyday.