Monday, November 15, 2010

The Sunday Mass and the Catholic Church

I was out and traveled for four hours last Sunday. If I were to to attend mass in our parish, I would be late for the last mass, so I decided to go to the famous Edsa Shrine, Philippines. I was already tired, experiencing chest and jaw pain. For me this signaled rising blood pressure. I wanted to get out and have a drink of the pineapple juice, my cure to stabilize my high BP, but I didn’t want to miss the mass so I pressed on.
During the portion where the priest raised the Host (before communion) and the congregation said “Lord I am not not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and I shall be healed”, I prayed it wholeheartedly. In seconds, my pain was gone! Truly, Jesus responds when we call Him.

Many have shied away from attending mass saying that eating the blood and flesh of our Lord is a form of vampirism, as I had when I got lost from the true faith for 20 years.

"For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts." - Malachias1:11.


The Edsa Shrine was overflowing, That Sunday’s gospel reading was on
Luke 21:5-19
While some people were speaking about how the temple was adorned with costly stones and votive offerings, Jesus said, “All that you see here — the days will come when there will not be left a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.” Then they asked him, “Teacher, when will this happen? And what sign will there be when all these things are about to happen?” He answered, “See that you not be deceived, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and ‘The time has come.’ Do not follow them! When you hear of wars and insurrections, do not be terrified; for such things must happen first, but it will not immediately be the end.” Then he said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be powerful earthquakes, famines, and plagues from place to place; and awesome sights and mighty signs will come from the sky. “Before all this happens, however, they will seize and persecute you, they will hand you over to the synagogues and to prisons, and they will have you led before kings and governors because of my name. It will lead to your giving testimony. Remember, you are not to prepare your defense beforehand, for I myself shall give you a wisdom in speaking that all your adversaries will be powerless to resist or refute. You will even be handed over by parents, brothers, relatives, and friends, and they will put some of you to death. You will be hated by all because of my name, but not a hair on your head will be destroyed. By your perseverance you will secure your lives.”
The priest said that the people neglect going to Sunday mass during good times, but during the hard times like occurrences of disastrous typhoons, earthquakes, pestilence, financial debacle, and rumors of war, people return to hearing mass. He advised the congregation to go to mass every Sunday, regardless of the situation.(Exempted are the sick and the infirmed)

The mass is in response to Jesus’ call to remember Him:
Matthew 26:26
During the meal Jesus took bread, blessed it, break it, and gave it to his disciples. “Take this and eat it,” he said, “this is my body.” Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them. “All of you must drink from it,” he said, “for this is my blood, the blood of the covenant, to be poured for many for the transgress of sins.”

Mama Maryand Our Lord Jesus’ Messages on the Mass


MASS IS VALID
"Do not lose faith in My Mass. It is valid. Man may distort, but it is valid, I say! When a legally-ordained priest of the Roman Catholic Church conducts this Mass, it is valid, I say!" - Jesus, December 7, 1976

REGARDLESS OF HIS HUMAN NATURE
"Pray for your priests. Many are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them by their bad example. Remember, My children, your priest is a human being and subject to temptation in his human nature.
"During the consecration of My Body, regardless of his human nature, whether it be saint or sinner, I come to you in full Body and Spirit. I come to you through him as a medium from God, through him as an instrument from God. Come to Me, My children, through these instruments, legally-ordained priests in My House upon earth, the Roman Catholic Church born from Saint Peter through My hand, and now guided, though shakily, by Paul, Pope Paul VI, your Vicar. He has not expired yet, though the enemies about him wish for his demise." - Jesus, June 18, 1977

“DO NOT BE DELUDED”
“Pray, My children. A constant vigilance of prayer must be kept throughout your country and the world. Do not abandon My Son in His Church. Do not be deluded by those who call the Mass invalid. My Son is there. He does not want the doors to close in His houses, His Church, for He is the door. Though robbers and thieves often enter, He is still the door. Come and seek Him in His House.” - Our Lady, September 13, 1978

INSTRUMENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
"Yes, My child, Jesus is always present in His House. The Holy Sacrifice of His Mass is always valid when performed by a duly ordained priest. No matter what his human character is, at the time of the Consecration the Father sends the Holy Spirit down to use this human being known as your high priest, to bring to you the Body and the Blood, spiritual and physical, of My Son to you….
"You ask, My child, about the state of soul of the priesthood. This, My child, is not for you to question or judge. A human being he is, yes. Subject to error, yes. Subject to fall, yes. But still during the Consecration, and when he hears you in the confessional, the Holy Spirit comes down upon him, using him as an instrument to bring absolution to you.
"It is satan's plan to drive you from My Son's House by creating a fallacy and the outright lie, My children, that the Mass is no longer valid and My Son not present! We see and watch and use human instruments to make the corrections necessary to right the houses of My Son. Many have hardened their hearts and do not listen to these warnings from Heaven. Then, My child, all the Father can do is to chastise them.” - Our Lady, October 6, 1973

MAINTAIN THE PAPACY
“I ask you again not to abandon your parish churches. You will maintain the papacy in Rome. I tell you anew that 666 now is in Rome. Do not judge My Son’s Church by His pastors. In their human nature they can err; however, as legitimate legally-ordained Roman Catholic priests they will bring My Son to you if you come seeking Him at the tabernacles of the world. The Mass is valid, I say unto you!
“My Son is waiting for you at the tabernacles of His Church. My children, do not abandon Him in these days of deep spiritual darkness. You must all keep a constant vigilance of prayer going throughout your country, the United States, and Canada, and all of the countries throughout your world.” - Our Lady, June 10, 1978

MANY HAVE LEFT THE FOLD ON THIS MATTER
"Do not judge My Son's House, His Church, by the man. Though he is a representative--legal, a legal representative of My Son in His House, he is but a human in his nature. But during the time that My Son comes to you, this man will be used through the Holy Spirit, regardless of the state of his human nature, be it sin or a saint--be it a sinner or one who has led even those astray--at the time that My Son comes in the Consecration, He shall not turn aside from you, My Son. Therefore, you cannot say the Mass is invalid. This has brought great sorrow to Our hearts, for many have left the fold on this matter." - Our Lady, August 14, 1981

REPRESENTS MY SON
"Remove your thoughts, your judgments from the man standing at the altar who represents My Son. See only in him as one who is My Son at the moment of Consecration, be he sinful or be he a saint. In time you will understand and accept this counsel.
"Be a good example to all in your parish church. Do not be deterred by the opinion of any man, whether he is of lay, or of a denomination of the religious. Remember, My children, when you come over the veil, there is no one to defend you. You will only bring with you love and prayers, and your own merits to bring to the Eternal Father for your judgment." - Our Lady, August 14, 1981

tldm