Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Peter, the first Pope of the Catholic Church

Peter, the first head of the Church, was the first Pope.These scriptures would prove this:

Matthew 16:18-19


I for my part declare to you, you are rock and on this rock I will build my church, and the jaws of death shall not prevent it.. I will entrust to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you declare bound on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever you declare loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

This will also prove that the Pope/Bishops/priests are given the authority to hear confession and give absolution.

Matthew 28:18

Jesus came forward and addressed them (apostles) in these words:
Full authority has been given to me both in heaven and on earth;go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations. Baptize them
in the name of the Father
and of the Son
and of the Holy Spirit.

Teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you. And know that I am with you always, until the end of the world.
Division in the Church. happened. Martin Luther was a Catholic priest who got out, and the Lutheran Church was formed. Other sects followed, for vested interest or for good intention.

Martin Luther was a Catholic Church rebel.

Martin Luther (10 November 1483 – 18 February 1546) was a German priest and professor of theology who initiated the Protestant Reformation.

Luther taught that salvation is not earned by good deeds but received only as a free gift of God's grace through faith in Jesus as redeemer from sin. His theology challenged the authority of the pope of the Roman Catholic Church by teaching that the Bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge and opposed sacerdotalism by considering all baptized Christians to be a holy priesthood.Those who identify with Luther's teachings are called Lutherans.
His marriage to Katharina von Bora set a model for the practice of clerical marriage, allowing Protestant priests to marry.

In his later years, Luther became strongly anti-semitic, writing that Jewish homes should be destroyed, their synagogues burned, money confiscated and liberty curtailed. These statements have made Luther a controversial figure among many historians and religious scholars
Wikipedia

Below are the messages of our Lord Jesus

I had given this man this Authority, and today you are trying to overthrow him and steal his shepherd's staff so that you rule with the sceptre of Falsehood and Vice; Peter? Peter-of-My-Lambs, My beloved shepherd, I know how your heart lacerates and bleeds in rivers for this ungrateful and unfaithful generation; I know how they have turned your eyes into a spring of tears; I know how many of your brothers have turned their backs to you; these are, My beloved, those shepherds who know nothing, feel nothing, they all go their own way, each after his own interest, serving Folly instead of Wisdom, Lust instead of Poverty, Disobedience instead of Obedience; tlig

STOP INTRICACIES

"Therefore, I warn you now as your God: You will stop your intricacies within My Church. You will stop experimenting. I gave you the rules to follow many years ago, two thousand years approximately. And why now, two thousand years later, do you deem it necessary to change My Church upon earth? I, your God, say to you, you will be judged accordingly. You will return My Church to its former glory, and in that manner you will have more vocations and more entering the seminaries, and not fleeing from them as they hear the heresies and all other innovations that are going on within My Church." - Jesus, June 18, 1986
tldm

View also the video on the apologetics on the Papacy of of Peter on the right side bar.