Thursday, September 23, 2010

St. Pio of Pietrelcina and his miracles

Yesterday, September 23, was the feast of St. Pio of Pietrelcina.
I have heard of stories of answered prayers through the intercession of St. Pio. Finally, I was able to attend mass at the St. Pio shrine in E Rodriguez, Quezon City, Philippines. After the mass, I read the testimonies posted on the walls of the shrine. Two testimonies caught my attention:

Gemma Di Giorgi - Gemma was born without pupils, she could not see. Doctors told her that she was inoperable because she had no pupils.
Her grandmother brought her to Fr Pio, still alive at that time and stigmatized. She confessed and Fr Pio made the sign of the cross on her two eyes.
While in the train on the way home, she could see her surroundings, the trees, the ocean and others.
She was again brought to the doctors without telling them that she could already see. Again the doctors told her that she was still blind, no pupils, and inoperable. So she said that she could see. The doctors asked her to identify the pictures shown to her. She was able to identify them. The doctors were amazed and said that it was a miracle.

• Bet Montecillo – a Filipino, had been suffering from a terrible back pain. After praying for the intercession of St. Pio and rubbing the Holy oil on the back of Mr. Montecillo, he got healed.

I prayed hard, in front of St Pio's relic, for the intercession of St. Pio for the physical and spiritual healing of my loved one, and that the lost ones may be given the light of Jesus. In addition, I dropped my written prayer requests in a box designated for it.

If your request/s are granted, you have to make your testimonies known to the Philippine Center for St. Pio of Pietrelcina. I hope to make my own testimonies soon.

I got home at 11:30 p.m., but I felt hopeful and lighthearted.

For the schedule of mass and novena,click here

For the testimonies, click here