Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fiji Islands earthquake

6.3-magnitude quake strikes Fiji Islands

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/09/07/fiji.earthquake/index.html?hpt=T2#fbid=JtUk4r45LiP&wom=false

An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude hit the Fiji Islands.

Almost everyday disasters come, man-made and natural: earthquake, volcano eruptions, floods, mudslide, mining accident, wildfires, plane crashes, train derailment, loss of lives because of war, financial disaster, heat waves, famines, contractible diseases, cyclones, tornadoes, tsunamis, the Gulf oil disaster.

Aren’t the disasters more than enough to wake us up in our slumber: drinking, enjoying, forgetting our creator?

Ezekiel 7:5-9

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Disaster! An unheard of disaster is coming. The end has come! The end has come! It has roused itself against you. It has come! Doom has come upon you—you who dwell in the land. The time has come, the day is near; there is panic, not joy, upon the mountains. I am about to pour out my wrath on you and spend my anger on you; I will judge you according to your cnduct and repay you for all your detestable practices. I will not look upon you with pity or spare you; I will repay you in accordance with your conduct and the detestable practices among you. Then you will know tha it is I the Lord who strikes the blow.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light and creat darkness,
I bring properity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Acknowledge God, He is a God of the impossible, merciful; judgment is His.