Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Restless Soul

My two sons on their way up to Sagada, the peak of Baguio.
Psalm 43:5  Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, because I will praise him once again, since his presence saves me and he is my God
Psalms 107:4-5  They wandered in the wilderness in a desert region; They did not find a way to an inhabited city. They were hungry and thirsty; Their soul fainted within them.
 Jeremiah 50:6 My people have become lost sheep; Their shepherds have led them astray They have made them turn aside on the mountains; They have gone along from mountain to hill And have forgotten their resting place.
When I  was single, I felt alone and empty. Although I had my career and had gone to different places, I was not able to appreciate the beauty around me. Till I married and  the wonderful babies came. My existence had a different meaning, I was half-filled. There was still that nagging feeling of lack. 

It was a decade ago that began my spiritual journey.I thought I was on the right track, But I was on the secondary road.Though it helped and strengthened me, it was not complete. 

It was four years ago that God healed my brokenness through His chastisement. And now my happiness is complete with the arrival of four grandchildren and the presence of the ever caring siblings!

Family, good family relationships makes a lot of difference for happiness and fulfillment, next to God.


Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
To God be the glory!