Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Typhoon Basyang

We had no power for 23 hours, blame it to typhoon Basyang which hit land Tuesday pm.
This inconvenience is bearable compared to the other areas in Metro Manila where trees fell, streets got flooded, and billboards toppled killing some people.

It was worse in Laguna, Cavite, Quezon. Big trees were uprooted and fell on houses killing some of its occupants. While in Mariveles merchant ships were washed ashore. According to the residents, this was the first time ships were pushed by the strong wind aground. And who would think that a very heavy crane would be brought down by the wind?


For more of the news, go to
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/07/14/philippines.typhoon/index.html?hpt=T2&fbid=JtUk4r45LiP

President Noy called a conference with Pag-asa (The Philippines" Weather Bureau). He said that Metro Manilans should have been warned earlier about the said typhoon. As of now bulletins are being posted by Pag-Asa every four hours.
Director Nilo of Pag-asa said that we have to modernize our equipments so that an every hour bulletin could be made and this would cost about P1.8B.

Yes, preparedness is necessary, but the biggest factor in safety is prayer.
Acknowledge our Lord, love Him, and call on Him.

Psalm 91:14-16

"Because he loves me," says the Lord,
"I will rescue him;I will protect him
for he acknowledges my name.
"he will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him
and show him my salvation."