Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Power of Prayer


Yesterday was my son’s operation of his right knee, for the sports injury he suffered 12 years ago. He was taken to surgery at 7:00 a.m. and was released to recuperating room at 3:20 p.m. and was released from the said room to his assigned room in the hospital at 8:00 p.m.

Imagine the length of time to finish a surgery of this kind, which is a combination of arthroscopic and opening of the affected area. According to the doctors, an orthopedic surgeon and an oncologist, only 90% of the abnormal growth was taken out.

The findings? pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS), and the examination of frozen section (growth taken out of the knee) will take six weeks to finish.

I was at peace during and after the operation. No worries, I completed my novena
in nine Perpetual Adoration Chapels (PEA) last December 24. I was confident that the hands of the Lord were there during the operation.

I would like to thank the people who offered their prayers for him. Thank you Lord Jesus and Mama Mary!