Wednesday, April 28, 2010

let God wipe away your tears

Life is like a pendulum, there are ups and downs. During the ups it seem a never-ending happiness, and during the downs, tears are shed. To me, there were more downs, when I did not have the connection with the Lord.

I would like to share the reflection of Alvin Barcelona of the Kerygma Family, a very inspiring one:


God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. – Revelation 7: 17

A lot of things that happened to my life only made sense when I found God.
Before, they just seemed to be unexplainable, unwanted and undesirable events.
My parents separated when I was just a kid. I was sick of epilepsy when I was in high school. My father died when he and my mom were about to reconcile. And a host of painful, traumatic events happened one after the other. The heaviest was when I almost died of a possible incurable disease.
Yet, now I always proclaim, “I have a great life!”
I really do.
Because when I found God, my life changed — from seeing only the sad, ugly and painful things to noticing the happy, beautiful and victorious events that were also happening to me. I just didn’t see it until God wiped away my tears.
With God in your life, the tears from your eyes will be tears of hope, peace and joy! Alvin Barcelona (alvinbarcelona@gmail.com)

REFLECTION:
Are you shedding tears of sorrow and pain, anger and bitterness? Let God wipe them away. Today.

Lord God, I offer to You my past. Let me live in the present in Your Presence! And let me be excited about the glorious future You have for me forever. Amen.




When you are down, try to read a story like this to lift you up!