Friday, August 1, 2014

The Power of the Holy Spirit of GOD


Before John G. Lake found Jesus, his family was stricken with  deaths, illnesses. When he married the same pattern emerged in his marital life.

He found out later that God was not the author of sickness! And the people whom Jesus healed had not been made sick, but it is the work of the devil.

If two or more persons are praying, the Holy Spirit is in the midst.
Healing takes place when God-loving people help to  pray for the sick. 


If a person is given dominion by Jesus to heal, the person doesn't have to pray. He commands the healing in the name of Jesus.


John G. Lakes' testimonies on the power  of the Holy Spirit

  • My wife and I were driving into the city. As we were coming up one of the highway a Voice said, "Pull onto the left of the road and stop." The left side is the wrong side of the road, and you are breaking the traffic law to be there. But I have listened to that Voice so many years that I have learned in most cases to obey it. ( God has promised to the Christian the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit.)


image fr stjudechapel

    I pulled onto the left hand side of the road, ran the wheels of my
     car close into the ditch, and stopped. Immediately, I heard the         grinding of a great truck coming around the curve. I had not seen     it before. Instead of coming normally, it was coming down the         driver's left hand side of the road at a 45 degree angle. The truck     had gone out of control and was covering the whole road! If I        had been on my side of the road, it would have sidesweft me and pushed me over the bank.

  • A man suffered a sunstroke which had affected his mind and he also had developed a large cancer. In a little while a six-year- old child who had been sitting near me went across the room, climbed on the man's knees, put her hands on the cancer on his face, and prayed. I saw the cancer wither. In half an hour, the thing had disappeared. The wound was still there, but in a few days it was healed. After the child had laid her hands on top of his head, he arose, saying, "Oh! The fire that has been in my brain has gone out," and his mind was normal. Power belongs unto God.


image fr flickr

The simplest soul can touch God and live in the very presence of God and in His power.It is almost sadness to my soul that men should be astonished and surprised at an ordinary, tangible evidence of the power of God.

  • One evening in my own tabernacle, a young girl about 16 to 18 years of age by the name of Hilda suddenly became overpowered by the Spirit of God. She arose and stood on the platform beside me. I recognized at once that the Lord had given the girl a message, so I simply stopped preaching and waited while the Spirit of God came upon her. She began to chant in some language I did not know, and then made gestures likethose a Mohammedan priest would make when chanting prayers. In the back of the house I observed a young East Indian, whom I knew. He became enraptured and commenced to walk gradually up the aisle. No one disturbed him, and he proceeded up the aisle until he had reached the front. Then he stood looking into the girl's face with intense amazement. 


      When her message had ceased, I said to him, "What is it?" He           answered, " Oh, she speaks my language!" I said, "What does           she say?" He came up on the platform beside me and gave the         gist of her message. "She tells me that salvation comes from            God. In order to save men, Jesus Christ, Who was God, became       man. She says one man cannot save another; that Mohammed           was a man like other men, not a power to save a man from his         sins. But Jesus was God, and He had power to impart His Spirit         to me and make me like God.

For more of John Lakes' testimonies, go  here.